The Optomap Panoramic200 is the first technology that permits a quick, automated, non dilated exam of the retina.
Incorporating the latest in technology and using low-powered red and green laser beams to capture an image of 90% of the retina, the Panoramic200 provides a permanent digital record of your eye health and also provides your doctor an ultra-wide field view of your retina.
The image is captured in less than one second and is immediately available for review, to assist your doctor in detecting and treating chronic eye disease and retinal abnormalities.
Why we've invested in the Optomap Panoramic200:
- The Panoramic200 is the first system capable of producing a single, high-resolution, ultra widefield color image of almost the entire retina without the need for pupil dilation.
- The Panoramic200 allows our doctors to more efficiently screen and diagnose patients with retinal disease.
- The Optomap retinal exam gives our doctors a much larger view of your retina (200 degrees) than conventional eye exam equipment.
- The Optomap image is displayed immediately after being taken, allowing your doctor to review it quickly and if necessary, refer you to a specialist. Using the Internet, the image can be sent anywhere in the world for review.
- Each Optomap image is as individual as fingerprints or DNA and can provide our doctors with a unique view of your eye health very quickly and comfortably.
- Regular monitoring of the retina can help in the early detection of many conditions including retinal tears, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.